International Girls and Women Empowerment Against Discrimination and Violence | Female Gender Inequality
Girl-Child and Women Information Education
Photo credit: pinterest.com
International Day of the Girl Child 2021: Gender inequality women and girl-children and amplifying and empowering the voices of adolescent girls globally
International Day of the Girl Child is observed annually by the United Nations and people from all over the world on October 11 to honour and encourage female children.
There are more than 1.1 billion girls worldwide as of October 2021
with great potential and this day serves as a reminder of the need to highlight and advance rights and opportunities for girls across the world.
Delivering heartfelt thoughts, wishes, and messages in honour of the women and girl-children is one approach to make people aware of the International Day of the Girl-Child as it is observed annually by the United Nations on October 11 every year to honour and encourage female children.
International Day of the Girl Child 2021 encourages additional opportunities for women and girl-children draws attention to gender inequality throughout the world and aims at amplifying and empowering the voices of adolescent girls globally
Happy International Day of the Girl Child 2021 came with the best and recognizable wishes, greetings, quotes, messages from different concerned women globally to mark the day for the females shareable with your friends and family via Facebook and other social media platforms.
30 Popular, Powerful, Amazing, and Great Girl Child Quotes of All Time
To mark the day, we have curated a list of some of the popular and powerful girl-child quotes by girl-child rights activists, women, and males from all walks of life of all time
1. “God has given us daughters so that we can preserve the human species on earth”
― Amit Abraham
2. “Smiling face of every little girl is the signature of God’s presence.”
― Amit Ray
3. “There is no greater pillar of stability than a strong, free, and educated woman.” – Angelina Jolie
4. “Everyone wins when children – and especially girls – have access to education. An educated girl is likely to increase her personal earning potential and prepare herself for a productive and fulfilling life, as well as reduce poverty in the whole community. Investing in girls’ education also helps delay early marriage and parenthood. Our booming economies in Africa need more female engineers, teachers, and doctors to prosper and sustain growth” – Angelique Kidjo, activist, singer, and songwriter.
5. “You know, we’re in a sports center. Imagine if you have a team and you don’t let half of the team play. That’s stupid. That makes no sense. And the evidence shows that communities that give their daughters the same opportunities as their sons, they are more peaceful, they are more prosperous, they develop faster, they are more likely to succeed.’’ – Barack Obama
6. “Marriage can be a source of joy and love and mutual support but why do we teach girls to aspire to marriage and we don’t teach boys the same? We raise girls to see each other as competitors not for jobs or accomplishments, which I think can be a good thing, but for the attention of men. We teach girls that they cannot be sexual beings in the way that boys are” – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, We Should All Be Feminists
7. “If we are going to see real development in the world then our best investment is WOMEN!” – Desmond Tutu
8. “All girls know that they can be anything now. That transformation is to me one of the most satisfying things” – Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Former President of Liberia.
9. “Women share this planet 50/50 and they are underrepresented – their potential astonishingly untapped.” – Emma Watson
10. “Young women who want an education will not be stopped.” – Freida Pinto
11. “We should be respectful but we must also have the courage to stop harmful practices that impoverish girls, women, and their communities”
– Graca Machel, women and children’s rights activist.
12. “We always celebrate a great woman. But to be great, the girl child needs to be encouraged to excel from an early age.”
― Gift Gugu Mona, from Woman of Virtue: Power-Filled Quotes for a Powerful Woman
13. “To all the little girls who are watching this, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful, and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams.” – Hillary Clinton
14. “Girls are pearls, ladies are rubies, mothers are moulders, and women are wonderful.”
― Ifeanyi Enoch Onuoha
15. “The seeds of success in every nation on Earth are best planted in women and children.” – Joyce Band
16. “A happy and healthy girl child with a safe and progressive environment is what we all dream for’’
– Happy International Girl Child Day 2021 Quote
17. “The earth had two children – A son named Adam and a daughter”
― Karan Patade
18. “To educate girls is to reduce poverty.”
– Kofi Annan, Former UN Secretary-General
19. “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” – Margaret Thatcher
20. “Our men think earning money and ordering around others is where power lies. They don’t think power is in the hands of the woman who takes care of everyone all day long and gives birth to their children” “My mother always told me, ‘hide your face people are looking at you.’ I would reply, ‘it does not matter; I am also looking at them.” – Malala Yousafzai, activist and Nobel Prize laureate.
21. “A wise woman wishes to be no one’s enemy; a wise woman refuses to be anyone’s victim.” – Maya Angelou
22. “I realized that the barrier to girls’ education isn’t just resources. It’s also about attitudes and beliefs – the belief that girls simply aren’t worthy of an education; that women should have no role outside the home; that their bodies aren’t their own, their minds don’t really matter, and their voices simply shouldn’t be heard”,– Former First Lady of the United States, Michelle Obama “When women are educated, their countries become stronger and more prosperous.”
23. “Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person” – Mother Teresa
24. “If you think that educating your girl is enough for her to tackle the boundaries of tradition, then you are wrong. You have to ensure that not only do you empower her with education, but also make her strong enough to resist the evils of societal pressure under which she often buckles. Her life and honour are far more important than “What will people say?” A little emotional support from the Parents can make the life of a daughter abused by her in-laws beautiful.”
― Neelam Saxena Chandra
25. “As a tribute to the legions of women who navigated the path of fighting for justice before us, we ought to imprint in the supreme law of the land, firm principles upholding the rights of women.” – Nelson Mandela, former South African president
26. “If you really want to fly, just harness your power to your passion. Honour your calling. Everybody has one. Trust your heart and success will come to you” – Oprah Winfrey
27. “Achieving gender equality is about disrupting the status quo – not negotiating it”
– Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, UN Under-Secretary-General and Executive Director of UN Women.
28. “In the future, there will be no female leaders. There will just be leaders.” – Sheryl Sandberg
29. “The girl child has by far left behind the boy child because the girl child is aggressive, very aggressive”
― Victor Manan Nyambala
‘30. ’Though she be but little, she is fierce”
– William Shakespeare
Other related Eduonwheels’ Girl-Children Information Education posts relating to International Girls and Women Empowerment against Discrimination and Violence that might interest you
The theme of this year’s International Day of the Girl-Child 2021 is “Digital generation. Our generation” and address the issues faced by girls in society. The occasion marks the importance of adolescent girl children and attempts at identifying their power and potential by opening opportunities for them.
International Day of Girl Child 2021 wishes
While the popular great Girl Child Quotes remain impressive and inspirational, some best wishes and messages made the day memorable. Some of the best wishes are:
1. “May this world become a safer and happier place for a girl child to live happily. Warm wishes on International Girl Child Day.”
2. “Your grin makes me happy. Your examples of overcoming adversity make me proud. Thank you for being an incredible daughter. I cherish you.”
3. ‘’When we were hanging tight for a baby, we were prepared to acknowledge you wholeheartedly. When we realized you are going to be a girl, we were overjoyed. You made our life complete.”
4. “Little girls with dreams become strong women with vision. Happy International Day of Girl Child”
International Day of the Girl-Child Goodwill Message
International Day of the Girl Child 2021 observed the theme of ‘Digital Generation. Our Generation.’ Here are some of the goodwill messages that made the day remarkable
1. Daughters deserve every ounce of respect as everyone. They are not to be belittled.
2. An Educated Woman Has the Power to Educate the Whole Family. Empower the Girl Child!!!
3. Through observing this day, an attempt is made to talk about and eradicate the issues concerning adolescent girl children.
4. The world will be a better place to live the day girl child is as happy as the other gender….. Let us work in synergy to make this dream come true…. Happy International Day of the Girl Child.”
5. The occasion of International Girl Child Day reminds each one of us that girl child still needs our attention and extra care.
This blog post on ‘International Girls and Women Empowerment Against Discrimination, Social Injustice and Violence: 30 Amazing, Popular, Powerful and Great Girl-Child Quotes of All Time’ is categorized under Girl-Child Information Education
Our Information Education system is about creating and delivering impacting and empowering information to our amiable readers for sustainable growth and development – Eduonwheels