Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Education
How to set up and use an Android smartphone as a TV remote
Why an Android smartphone TV app is preferred to a TV remote
I have witnessed toddlers drop the TV remote control they had easy access to from the stairs smashing them on two different occasions while I was having tutorials with their older siblings. On another occasion, the kids’ dad got frustrated when he couldn’t find the TV remote controller he needed to tune to his favourite WWE Channel after their two-year-old toddler misplaced it in an unidentified location.
The above wouldn’t happen to Android Smartphones I believe. Many parents handle their mobile phones so carefully that they are ‘no go-to for their kids.
Since you are unsure of the availability of the TV remote control when needed, you should rather rely on the use of your Android mobile smartphones as a TV remote. This move will save cost too since you don’t need to replace the misplaced or damaged TV remote control all the time. So, how do you set up and use your Android smartphone as a TV remote control?
5 simple steps on how to set up and use a TV remote control app on your Android smartphone
- Visit the Google Play Store on the phone and download a TV Remote Control app. Download the Android TV Remote Control app if you have an Android TV or the universal remote control apps if your Smart TV is not an Android TV and was made by a different manufacturer.
- Connect your phone and Android TV or Smart TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Android TV Remote Control app you downloaded on your phone
- Select or tap your Android TV from the app on your phone to configure your TV with the app you’ve just downloaded on your smartphone.
- Entering a pin that will appear on your TV screen to complete the configuration.
Open the TV Remote Control app to find the various buttons similar to those you find on the traditional TV remote displayed once you are connected, your Android phone becomes your TV remote control. You can click through to access your favourite channels and apps and shows on the go.
Other related Eduonwheels’ Information and Communication Education posts that might interest you:
This blog content on ‘How to set up and use an Android smartphone as a TV remote’ is categorized under Information and Communication Technology Education.
Our Information and Communication Education System is about creating and delivering impacting, and empowering problem-solving information, and enhancing effective communication skills to our amiable readers for better livelihood – Eduonwheels.